NYAUA.com respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its websites. To protect online privacy, NYAUA.com has implemented the following policy.
Data collected by NYAUA.com is used to provide better service to NYAUA.com members and users of NYAUA.com's websites. It is NYAUA.com's policy to collect and store personal information only if knowingly submitted by members and users. "Personal information" includes an individual's name, address, contact numbers, email addresses, and other individualized data. It is different from "aggregate data," which includes non-individualized information about an overall group, as well as users' IP addresses, number of hits per page, etc.
I. USE OF DATA COLLECTED BY NYAUA.COM FROM ACTIVITY ON ITS SITES
In order to provide access to certain features of NYAUA.com's site(s), a cookie is placed on the user's computer. A cookie cannot read other data from your computer's hard disk and is not used to disseminate information about users over the Internet or to analyze information that users have provided. NYAUA.com does not allow unaffliated third parties to set cookies from NYAUA.com's sites; cookies set by NYAUA.com are used only to pass information from the user to and among NYAUA.com's web servers. Most web browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can set your browser options to block cookies if you prefer. If the user declines attachment of a cookie, the user may not have access to the full benefits of NYAUA.com's website(s).
General users - NYAUA.com does not collect any personal information from users browsing its web sites. Users to the public areas of NYAUA.com's web sites browse anonymously. Only aggregate data, such as IP addresses and the number of hits per page, are collected; these data do not provide any personally identifying information and are only used for internal analysis of web site usage and traffic.
NYAUA.com members - To gain access to NYAUA.com's members-only resources, members are asked to log in using some limited information such as username or email address and password or member number. These data are submitted voluntarily. When members log in, NYAUA.com's system will set a cookie in order to provide access to members-only information.
II. USE OF INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY NYAUA.COM MEMBERS AND USERS
NYAUA.com Member Directory and Individual Profiles
- NYAUA.com's Membership Directory is available online to members of the association as password-protected, members-only content. The information collected on the member details page includes contact information, specialty information, demographic information, and volunteer leadership and interests, all provided voluntarily by members. As with all data collected by NYAUA.com, members can be assured that all demographic data will remain confidential; an individual's demographic information is not made public and will be used on a limited basis by NYAUA.com staff to assist NYAUA.com leaders in furthering the goals of fostering diverse leadership for the organization and enabling research analyses.
Membership Fee Processing
- NYAUA.com frequently conducts surveys of members and non-members on various topics. All information provided in response to any NYAUA.com survey is provided voluntarily by users. Survey data will be used and reported confidentially and anonymously unless otherwise indicated at the time of survey completion.
How does NYAUA.com use the data collected?
NYAUA.com member services and products
- Generally NYAUA.com uses data collected to improve its own web site content, to respond to visitors' interests, needs, preferences, and to assess and develop new products and services.
Disclosures to third parties
- NYAUA.com posts contact information online through the NYAUA.com Membership Directory. In addition, NYAUA.com incorporates information provided by users into hard copies of the Membership Directory and conference manuals or handouts. In addition, third party organizations that participate as exhibitors or sponsors at NYAUA.com conferences receive copies of the conference manual, which may contain complete information on attendees. If you wish to be omitted from any of these sources, see the opt-out information below.
Credit card information
- NYAUA.com utilizes a third party to process all credit card transactions. The organization does not disclose, have access to, or is responsible for credit card account information provided by its members and customers. Credit card information is used only for processing payments.
- NYAUA.com provides members with the opportunity to remove their names and organizations from the list included in membership mailing labels that NYAUA.com sells to other organizations. Members can also choose not to have information displayed on NYAUA.com's online Membership Directory. NYAUA.com's online Membership Directory is a searchable database of NYAUA.com members available online to NYAUA.com members only. If you no longer wish to receive communications from NYAUA.com; no longer want to be included in NYAUA.com membership mailing labels provided to outside organizations; or no longer want to be included in NYAUA.com's online Membership Directory, you may specify what you want to "opt out" of by:
Sending an email with specifics to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Sending mail with specifics to NYAUA.com,
New York Section, AUA
4100 Duff Pl lower level
Seaford, NY 11783
Contacting NYAUA.com at 1-516-520-1226.
III. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Links to other web sites
NYAUA.com's web sites contain links to other web sites. NYAUA.com has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites. Inclusion of links to an outside web site, whether in an advertisement or content area of a NYAUA.com web site, is not an endorsement of the outside web site or a guarantee that the information it contains is accurate.
NYAUA.com's web sites have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under our control. These precautions include data encryption, firewall protection, and restricted server access. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of NYAUA.com's web sites, or your dealings with NYAUA.com, or if you are concerned that NYAUA.com has handled information in a manner that does not comply with this policy, please contact NYAUA.com's webmaster:
New York Section, AUA
4100 Duff Pl lower level
Seaford, NY 11783